Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Some databases require registration and login to access
Standards Australia Login
Standards Australia introduced a registration system in July 2020
- Registration/login is a new requirement by SAI Global for everyone using Australian Standards. This process is not connected to TAFE and you cannot login using your TAFE username and password. You must select new registration the first time to register your email address and create your password. You can use your TAFE email address and you can use your TAFE password if it meets the requirements specified in the registration process for passwords. Please follow the steps listed below.
- Search for the Standard you want on Australian Standards online
- Once you have found the Standard you want click to view the Standard. At that point you get a popup asking for your login details or else to register if you are new to Australian Standards online.
- Select new registration and you will see a new popup screen asking for your first and last name as well as your email address. Complete and submit your details. Australian Standards will then email a 5 digit code to the email address you provided. If not in your inbox please check your junk email for it.
- On the new popup screen the username is your email address and on the second line you put in the 5 digit code and submit.
- On the next popup screen, you are asked to create your own password. The requirements for an acceptable password are listed.
- The password should contain at least 8 characters, at least one number, at least one CAPITAL letter and one special character eg ! @ # $. Do not use ? ,‘ ,< and >.
- Once you have created your password and repeated it on the line underneath submit and the you should be able to view the standard.
- Keep your password for future use and use the same email address as your username.
This is separate to the system that authenticates you as an SMTAFE user, meaning that from offsite you will need to login to the database with your SMTAFE student number and network password and then follow the steps above to see a Standard. We realise that this is very inconvenient but it is beyond our control.