Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The Brief Results page is displayed first. It lists all of the items that match your search terms. Your search terms will be underlined in yellow as shown in the above image.
- To the left of the title an icon indicates the type of resource.
- Where multiple editions exist, click on See all versions to check if the edition you need is available.
- To check availability click on the green links, Online access or Available at. This will display more information about the item and its actual location, whether on the shelves or online.
- You can further refine your results by using any of the filters under Tweak my results.
- You can change the sort order, narrow results by date or resource type and more.
- The Pin Save Query icon at the top of the search results is used to save the search results and the Pin icon next to the title is used to save the specific record to your My Favorites in your personal folder. You need to be signed in to save between sessions.
- The ellipsis next to each individual title offer you more options including emailing details about the item to you, checking the reference citation and saving to your favourites.
- Click on the title to display more information about the item. See the Full Display Results box below for more information.
Full Display Results
- After clicking on a title from the Brief Results list, a full display will open displaying additional bibliographic and availability information about the item and other actions you can take.
- Other actions available to you are:
- Send to -
- you can email details about the item to yourself.
- you can retrieve an APA citation for use in your reference list. Check for accuracy before using though.
- you can retrieve a permalink (permanent link or URL) that can be copied into a document or presentation.
- export to a citation manager such as Endnote.
- Get It -
- find which campuses hold the item and its location on the shelf.
- find out how many copies are available and if they are on loan or not.
- you can request an item to be held or reserved for you when on loan.
- requesting from other institutions is not available at this point in time.
- View Online -
- this option will only display when an item is available electronically. You will be able to view the item at its source.
- Click on the big X to the left to return to your brief results list or use the arrows to continue scrolling through the results with full display.