This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients' condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists.
These jobs can also be described as:
- Hospital Orderly
- Nursing Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Therapy Aide