The North Metropolitan TAFE Library Service operates six Campus Libraries, through which we provide a supportive study and learning environment for all currently enrolled students and staff. These Conditions of Membership describe the responsibilities of all users, to ensure that we work together to provide a pleasant, safe and productive environment for everyone to share.
When using the North Metropolitan TAFE Libraries, please ensure that you:
- Never lend your Student/Library Card or Library resources that you have borrowed to anyone else, as you are responsible for any items borrowed against your name.
- Respect and care for the Library items on loan to you. Loss or damage to Library items may incur replacement costs.
- Respect the needs of other users:
- Limit excessive noise, such as loud phone calls or conversations. Phone calls may be taken in the foyer or outside.
- Please use headphones when listening to audio material, you will need to provide your own headphones as the Library does not have any for loan.
- Refrain from marking, removing pages, removing security devices or barcodes, or otherwise intentionally damaging Library items. All North Metropolitan TAFE Libraries have security systems installed to prevent removal of Library items without loan. If the security alarm sounds, please return to the Circulation Desk and assist Library staff to identify the cause of the alarm.
- Food and drink is not allowed in any of the North Metropolitan TAFE Libraries with the exception of water bottles or coffee with a lid.
- All Library users are expected to display acceptable and respectful behaviour towards other students and staff at all times.
- Always follow the directives of Library staff, and remember that this is a shared space.
These Conditions of Membership supplement the North Metropolitan TAFE Student Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use of IT services, and other North Metropolitan TAFE policies. Use of the North Metropolitan TAFE Libraries signifies your agreement with these conditions.
Any student found be acting in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave the Library. If the unacceptable behaviour continues, the student will not be allowed further access to the Library.