Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The library maintains various databases and online resources listed below. Should any of these services request a username and password please use your TAFE Account unless otherwise noted.
Training Video Collections
- Kanopy - thousands of training videos and documentaries
- Safetyhub - a range of Occupational Health and Safety videos
- ClickView - hundreds of training videos and recorded TV programs
- Adventure+ - A database of sport and adventure films. Topics include mountaineering, climbing, paddling, kayaking, snow, biking, BASE jumping, paragliding, rapelling, hiking, surfing and caving (please contact your lecturer or library staff for access).
Journal Article Databases
- EBSCO Database - a journal article database: subject areas include Automotive, Business, Computing, Education, Environment, Medical, Reference, Social Sciences
- ProQuest - a journal article database: subject areas include Accounting, Banking, Business, Careers, Computing, Economics, Education, Finance, Health, Medical, Religion, Science and Telecommunications
Standards and Codes
- Australian Standards - Staff and students will be prompted to register with their TAFE email account and create a password at the first attempt to view or download an Australian Standard. Once you are registered you will be prompted to login again every time you wish to view or download a Standard. See below for Help.
Downloaded pages will be watermarked with your name and email address. You are unable to circulate or share these documents..
Single license only – please logout as soon as you have finished.
- NCC - Australian Building Codes Board - Online access to the National Construction Codes – building regulations by all States and Territories (students and staff need to register individually on this website for online access. TAFE login is not required)
- Cordell Information - Project information designed to assist individuals and businesses who put estimates together.
- Chemwatch - MSDS and Chemicals Management information
Nursing and Health
- Joanna Briggs Institute EBP Database - the complete JBI EBP content set available via OvidSP which spans a range of medical, nursing, and healthcare specialties and includes evidence summaries, systematic reviews, best practice guidelines, and more. A database of evidence-based practice information on different topics
- Anatomy TV - all the body's major systems shown in detail
- Real Time Health - videos of patient narrative communication, or patient storytelling
- Merck Manuals - widely used credible medical resources for professionals and consumers
- MIMS Online - provides a wide range of Australian medicines information – full product information, abbreviated product information, drug/drug interaction module and pill identification module to name a few! (Only 1 person can use at a time, please make sure you click Close Session when finished)
- Surgical Hand Antisepsis, Gowning and Gloving - Australian Council of Perioperative Nurses video (please contact your lecturer or library staff for access)
Literacy and Numeracy
- Living in Australia - an online ESL course (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
- World Wide English - an online ESL course students (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
- English for Health Professionals - an online ESL course for those wanting to study in health related fields (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
Find More With SuperSearch
With SuperSearch you will find all the resources held at campus and connect to lots of full text ebooks, emagazine and ejournals articles, view documentaries and training videos, search databases and much more. Click on SuperSearch below to explore.
"If you can, you should, and if you are brave enough to start, you will." ~ Stephen King